- The state of Georgia is actually letting you decide how to spend some of your state income tax dollars.
- You can make a significant financial contribution, designated for The Cottage School and receive a dollar for dollar credit against your Georgia income taxes and charitable deduction on your federal income taxes!
- Giving parents a choice to improve education for their children will improve our communities and our state.
- The Cottage School benefits through increased enrollment, increased tuition income and more funds available to improve educational and other offerings.
- Invest in your own community and invest in a child who deserves a better future—and do it with dollars you would otherwise have to send to the government!
It’s easy to participate!
Visit this link to take advantage of GOAL’s Paperless Application Process.
If you wish to mail the forms, please follow these directions:
Send the following items directly to Georgia GOAL Scholarship Program, Five Concourse Parkway, Suite 200, Atlanta, GA 30328:
- A completed GOAL Contribution Form
- A copy of page 2 of Form IT-QEE-TP1 pre-approval form, signed by you at Part C
- A check made payable to “Georgia GOAL Scholarship Program, Inc.” or credit card payment in the amount of your contribution (your payment will be deposited only when GOAL receives your Approval Letter from the DOR) dated January 1, 2013 or later.
GOAL officials will obtain Georgia Department of Revenue approval for you to allow the redirection of your taxes to GOAL. Your paperwork and check will then be processed, whereupon GOAL will send you an acknowledgement letter and tax receipt.
Please note: the Georgia Department of Revenue will also send you a copy of your Approval Letter. If you have already made your payment to GOAL, no further action is required on your part.
Step 2. Claim the credit
When you file your income tax returns for 2013, you will receive a credit against your Georgia income taxes and a charitable deduction on your federal income taxes for your contribution to GOAL. You may still file your returns electronically if you elect to take this credit.
- GOAL will send you a Form IT-QEE-SSO1 contribution acknowledgement form to be filed with your taxes
- GOAL will send taxpayer filing guidance early next year and/or will post taxpayer filing guidance on its website
Timing / Deadline
To participate in this program and qualify for a 2013 tax credit, your payment must be postmarked and on its way to GOAL by December 31st. However, the sooner you contribute the better, as the cap on tax credits is expected to be met by July, 2013 this year. Thank you for helping deserving students to attend The Cottage School.