The Cottage School admits students in Grades 6-12 (ages 11-20) on a rolling basis. The Admissions process begins by requesting admissions information either through the “Request Information Packet” link below or by telephone. Prospective parents and students are welcome to attend a Middle and High School Information Session which begins each Thursday at 9:30 a.m. Please call to reserve your space at 770/641-8688.
The Cottage School program has consistently been recognized for excellence by distinguished educators, counselors, and psychologists. Most significant is the recognition given the school by the most valued audience of all TCS students and their families. The Cottage School is accredited by SAIS, SACS, and The Georgia Accrediting Commission.
Initial Inquiry and Application Process
- Step 1. Parent completes Request Information Packet Form below or contact Rosetta Gooden, Director of Admissions, at 678.250.5106.
- Step 2. An information packet will be forwarded to your family upon completion of the information form.
- Step 3. Parents schedule an Admissions interview with their respective School Administrator (MS- Principal, HS-Executive Director or HS Principal). If placement in The Cottage School is deemed appropriate, an Application will be issued at the time of the meeting or forwarded upon request from parents.
- Step 4. The application and a $200 non-refundable application fee must be returned to the Admissions Office along with required documents. Upon return of application, a contract will be issued. After contract, fees and all other required documents are received and processed, the student will be enrolled.
Domestic Students SB10 & TADS Links
The annual tuition schedule for the 2013-2014 school year: Middle School Tuition (grades 6-8): $23,450 High School Tuition (grades 9-12): $24,450 Tuition includes the cost of textbooks, yearbook, student fees, and Parent Association dues.
Every effort is made to assist families who need financial assistance for tuition payments. Funds for tuition assistance are limited and are awarded on the basis of determined financial need. Financial aid is available through limited funds. Financial aid recommendations are made by the Financial Aid Committee which uses a third-party source that provides the School with a confidential financial needs-analysis report. Tuition Aid Data Services (TADS) provides a framework through which household need can be measured fairly and equitably. Recommendations from TADS are used by the Financial Aid Committee in accordance with its policies to determine the award amount. Financial aid requests are processed in the order of need and according to available funds. Financial aid applications can be completed online at: The Cottage School ID for TADS is 10015.
TCS has been approved for participation in the Georgia Special Needs Scholarship Program (SB-10). SB-10 Act (Georgia Special Needs Scholarship Act) was signed into law by the Governor in May, 2007. For information on SB-10 and applying for vouchers, please visit www.gadoe.org. Look for the “Georgia Special Needs Scholarship” Box on the left side of the page.
Parents now have three opportunities during a school year to transfer an eligible student from a public school to an authorized private school by the following dates for the 2013 – 2014 school year: September 16, December 16 and March 4. For the December or March dates, a parent of an eligible student must file an Intent to File for Scholarship form with the GaDOE. This application form will be available on the GSNS web page beginning in October.For information on The Cottage School’s participation in the SB-10- Program, please email SBfirstname.lastname@example.org.
School Loan Programs:
- Competitive interest rates that reward good credit
- Flexible repayment terms—you decide the repayment term that best fits your needs
- No application fee
- Easy online application for borrowers and cosigners—about 20 minutes is all it takes
- Fast credit decision while you’re online
- No prepayment penalty
For additional information, contact TCS’ Office of Admission. Consideration for financial assistance is given only after a student is accepted for admission to The Cottage School.
To Be Submitted With Completed Application:
- Application Fee – $200.00
- Transcript Review Fee – $300.00
To Be Submitted with Enrollment Contract:
- High School Tuition for 2013-2014 School Year: $27,050.00*
- Middle School Tuition: $26,050.00**Includes Tuition, International Student Fee and Building Fund Fee.
Additional International Student Optional Fees:
- Sports Fee: $450.00
- P.E. Uniform Fee: $100.00
- Student Activity Fee; $450.00
- Lunch Program Fee: $1,250.00
- Supervised After School Study Program Fee: $500.00
Request Information Packet
To Request an information packet please use the form below.
If you have any questions regarding the form please contact (770) 641-8688.