Our students and staff say it best. Please watch this short video about The Cottage School.
What is Advancement?
Advancement moves The Cottage School forward in the areas of Fundraising, Special Events, Communications, Marketing, and Community Relations.
In an effort to further The Cottage School mission, The Advancement Department maintains and strengthens connections within The Cottage School community, including parents, alumni, alumni parents, grandparents, friends, and staff, and solicits support through programs including The Key Annual Fund, capital campaigns to support campus improvements, and participation in special events fundraisers, Glitter, Cougar Classic, and The Azalea Festival.
The Advancement Department not only promotes fundraising projects, but also fosters community relations through encouraging community involvement and partnerships such as Greater North Fulton Chamber of Commerce, Roswell Rotary, the Hispanic Corporate Leadership Forum and Roswell, Inc. to name a few.
Advancement communicates the school’s outstanding accomplishments and communal feedback allows us to identify areas with a potential for expansion. The Advancement Department is always available to talk to families and community partners about meaningful ways to improve The Cottage School.
The Advancement Department focuses its energies on these primary functions:
- Fundraising: Special Events (Glitter, Cougar Classic and The Azalea Festival), Annual Fund, periodic Capital Campaigns, Scholarship Funds and Endowments, Grants and GA Goal
- Marketing and Communications: website, press releases, advertising, marketing and admissions materials, community relations, social media and branding
- Alumni Relations: Alumni Ambassador Programs, Alumni Socials, Homecoming and Annual All-Class Reunions
- Liaison with Parent Association Committee: Volunteering for events, activities and fundraisers
Fundraising efforts support the following:
- Tuition Assistance
- Program Enhancement
- Technology Upgrades
- Teacher/Staff Development
- Campus Improvement
- Scholarship Endowment
Please contact me, Mary Ellen Cenzalli,
Director of Advancement, email@example.com
or by phone, 678-250-5103 if you need additional information.